Title: Survey Technologist
Reports to: Survey Manager
Division: Land Group
What’s the Position
Catterall & Wright has an opportunity for an individual to join our survey team as a permanent, full-time Survey Technologist, with preference to allow for taking the winter months off by using banked time accrued during the busy construction season that typically runs from April through to December.
We offer work-life balance with the majority of our projects local to Saskatoon and area, allowing our team members to be home with their families at night. Our projects are diverse and provide a wide range of experience and variety.
This position’s expectations and requirements include operation of surveying equipment such as RTK GPS, Levels, Manual & Robotic Total Stations and understanding how to utilize these in different surveying environments. Experience with Leica equipment is beneficial but not a requirement.
- Adaptable, dependable and can demonstrate initiative.
- Team player, who can also work independently.
- Honest and reliable with a sense of practical awareness.
- Delivers quality work on time and in an efficient manner.
- Appreciates outdoor work in all types of terrain and conditions.
- Conduct surveys for preliminary, construction and layout surveying tasks related to residential, commercial & industrial land development projects and municipal infrastructure projects such as pipelines, wastewater, lagoons, and roadways.
- Conduct layout surveys for water, sewer, roadways, and earthworks projects as required using RTK GPS, digital and optical levels, manual and robotic total stations, and sonar equipment. We offer Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) surveying to our clients and may require assistance with the layout of control points, flight assistance and photogrammetric processing.
- Process survey data using appropriate control files and coordinate systems, and apply survey knowledge to ensure quality control throughout a project.
- Track earthwork and material quantities as support to the project manager and contract administrator for progress payments.
- Prepare grade sheets for water, sewer and roadways projects.
- Perform site inspections to ensure compliance with construction specifications and provide verbal reports regarding project status and progress to the Survey Manager and Project Manager.
- Ability to travel if necessary (typically within a 300km radius of Saskatoon), work overtime hours, and stay overnight in remote areas depending on project location.
Who We Are Looking For
- Civil or Geomatics Engineering Technology diploma or a Civil Technician certificate.
- Relevant field and survey experience is required.
- Displays reliable and trustworthy presence and strong work ethic.
- Treats all information and materials confidentially.
- Effectively manages time and can tend to several projects concurrently.
- Ability to be organized, work quickly and accurately under pressure with particular attention to detail and accuracy of field notes.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills (verbal & written).
- Confident with computer programs and fluent with basic math skills.
- Maintains practical and professional demeanour in difficult and stressful situations.
- Ability to work outside in any weather conditions.
- Strong awareness of health and safety and possess a safety-conscious attitude.
- Must have a reliable vehicle for work and maintain a valid Saskatchewan Drivers License and insurance.
- Physically active with the capability of regularly lifting or moving up to 50 lbs.
Why Join Catterall & Wright
Catterall & Wright has an inclusive and welcoming team atmosphere with many resources and supports to develop new team members, including job training, mentoring and coaching. We offer the opportunity to gain valuable experience working on a wide range of challenging and rewarding projects within Saskatchewan.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Cell phone, meals, mileage and expenses for accommodations will be compensated when required.
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
- A safe and healthy work environment.
- Active social committee.
- Great Group Benefits Plan with Health Spending Account.
- RRSP Plan.
What to Do Now
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter identifying the position and resume outlining their skills, experience and interests by email to email@example.com attention Calen Miller, SLSIT, A.Sc.T. Subject line must reference “Survey Technologist.”
Thank you to everyone who applies; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. Offers of employment may require satisfactory Security Background Checks, Reference Checks, Drivers Abstracts and Drug Testing when deemed necessary.
Check out our website or Facebook for more information on who we are! If you’re looking for a challenge with valuable experience, this is the place for you.